Book Review: The No Cry Sleep Solution

I read this book solely because an awesome Mom that I know relied on it for getting her kids to sleep.  I was knew I already liked The Baby Whisperer, but figured it wouldn't hurt to expand my repertoire and possibly add a few tools to my arsenal.

The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley is written for parents who don't like their babies to cry at all.  She tested her theories on 50 babies, guiding their mother's through her plan.  Most of the mothers had very good experiences in teaching their babies to sleep without crying.  These babies ranged in age from newborns up to babies who were over a year old.  The mothers were frustrated and were ready for help.  Their experiences are included throughout the book.

The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley


Most of Elizabeth's methods are very gentle, but aren't going to have immediate results.  Her methods are slow, and if you're really sleep-deprived and desperate, you might not have the patience to wait it out.  But if you're dedicated to teaching your baby to sleep without crying, it's going to be a great resource for you.

I would even recommend it for parents before their baby is born.  Some of her methods can be used to teach a baby to sleep on their own from the beginning.

My only problem with the book came towards the end.  She passed judgement on a mother who chose to have her baby in a stroller instead of out, socializing and being held.  It felt very "holier than thou," and left a bad taste in my mouth about her and how she views parents who parent differently than her.

Other than that, I think it is an awesome resource to add to one's parenting toolbox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment